Questions to Ask Yourself Before Using Conception “Helping” Methods:
1. Could this hurt my body? This may seem obvious, but when you are desperate to “have a baby” you often forget to consider harm to your own body. Be sure to do your research and look into any not-so-nice side effects. “Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.” 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
2. How does my spouse feel about it? Considering your spouse’s feelings and convictions about fertility treatments is a big part of honoring (obeying, and submitting) to your husband. Not only that, but your husband is your protector, and it may be God who is warning him against something that could potentially hurt you..even if you don’t understand his logic.
3. What does my doctor think? Obviously, you want to consult with your doctor or OBYGN about your body and any medical /chemical treatments that could affect you. (Chances are, you need their approval, script, or referral anyway.) Consider any warnings, or concerns they may have.
4. Is there a more natural way? If the first or second month you don’t conceive, you rush out and beg your practitioner for fertility treatments, you may be jumping the gun. Aside from some good old patience and relaxation, there may be some better, more natural ways to try to conceive. In my own experience, my OBGYN actually knew very little about some of the more natural fertility methods I came in to ask about. This was discouraging a first, but in the long run, I did my homework and learned a lot through my own research.
5. What Does God say? Praying about what God wants you to do is the most important thing you can do. God is your maker, and He’s certainly the maker of that child you long for as well. Ask Him. He may not write it out for you on the wall, but He will give you the peace that surpasses understanding, and lead you in His way. He cares for you. And even more than giving you a child, He longs to give you Himself. Start right now by giving him your self, your whole self. And let Him fulfill your deepest desire. “In all your ways, submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:6